Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's the Opposite of a Fashionista?


Me-- I'm the opposite of a fashionista. I saw this photo the other day and realized my struggle with fashion has been a battle I've been fighting for a long time. This was July 4, 1998-- at Pedretti Park for the church's Pancake Breakfast. I was 13 and I dressed like a boy-- I think that t-shirt might even have belonged to one of my brothers. And my all-black leather Nikes with the clear sole; I can remember how happy I was to get those shoes. This was back in the day when I used to rollerblade around my neighborhood almost every day after school for a few hours. Legs for days! 

Though I still struggle with fashion, I've at least learned to imitate better...hopefully that's a step toward one day having my own fashion sense! 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I was just thinking myself in this sense! Heath needs to take us shopping ;)