Saturday, September 28, 2013

Seeing Stars

I watched the season premiere of a certain hospital drama on tv the other night and it reminded me of a fun, silent exchange I had a few weeks ago with a certain 'dreamy' doctor on that show. Thought I'd tell you about it. 



Background:
I see this particular actor on, what I consider, a fairly regular basis. I never talk with him or outwardly acknowledge him because I'd like to be one of those people that lets celebrities live their lives as normally as possible-- especially since I typically see him at the kids' school. 

Side note: if I had a top ten list for celebrities, this guy would probably be in my top 3 so, needless to say, I enjoyed the exchange. 

It was nothing out of the ordinary, just a typical trip to pick up the kids from school. I had curled my hair and was feeling and looking good. On the way to the school I thought to myself how it was time for another encounter with this actor. Always wishful thinking over here! :) As I drove passed the gate where all the parents and nannies wait to get the kids, I saw him. "Yessssss!" I thought.

I parked and walked toward the gate only to have this guy turn to see who was walking his way. He turned back to face toward the gate as I stopped to wait a little behind him and to his right by myself. 

Here's when he made my day even better:
He turned back around, looked directly at me (believe me, there was no one else standing near me) and gave me his little side smile. I smiled back and that was that! The bell rang, the principal opened the gate and we all walked in to get our kids. 

I could hardly wait until I got home to text my friend who also loves him: "I made P****** freakin' D****** do a double take!" 

I'd like to think it was my beauty (and not the fact that he and I were matching in our black v-necks and dark fitted jeans) that made him turn back around and smile. A girl can dream, right? :) 

In the words of Jill: "You will always have this moment, Rachelle."

7 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Oh my goodness! I've had a crazy crush on him since Can't Buy Me Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jealous.

Ashley said...

haha oh man rashiz! love it!!

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

Hahaha. PD? As in PDiddy? I never knew you were into him! Jk. I'm sure P****** D****** appreciates your discretion. ;)

Rachelle said...

@Melissa-- I just don't want this post to come up in web searches for his name and have fanatics on my trail :)

md said...

It WAS your beauty outside and in;)

Nichole Christensen said...

Beauty for sure ;) How awesome of you to give him his space! I love reading your blog. You are amazing!

April Romero said...

Even though you already told me this story, I still loved reading this. Every second! I would have passed out! He is one HOT MAN!!!! Not going to lie, I'm just a little jealous! I'm sure this will not be the last time McDreamy does a double take with you! Love you girl!